Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time Management

Today in class we learned about the rock and sand theory. The rocks stand for the most important things in life and the sand represents the least important.




Has my time management improved at all this week? Yes, kind of...I've definitely been more aware of it. I didn't realized how bad I am at managing my time! :S

What areas represent the "rocks" in your life? I definitely think my schoolwork is a boulder in my life. I must pay attention on it. Schoolwork also goes along with preparing for college. And of course SAM is a rock in my life! ;) <3

What areas represent the "sand" in my life? I am addicted to games on my cellular device. Candy Crush, Plants VS Zombies, and Hay Day take up so much of my time. I also watch lots of TV.

 
 
 


What guidelines am I going to implement in my life to improve my time management? I definitely think that if I limit my time on electronics, I will have a lot more time to get other things done.

Think of an example/story to post: Yesterday is a perfect example of how not to manage my time. Right as I got home from school, my plans went haywire. I planned, in my head, to get my homework done right away and then I would head over to Sam's. But......I decided to just rest my eyes for a few minutes. Yeah, I took a two hour nap. Whoops! I woke up to a text from sweet Sam giving me the "A-Okay" to come over. So, I headed over with no homework done. I stayed over there, happily, later than usual. I got home around 10:30 and I was tired! The homework was due first hour, AKA my mom's class, so I HAD to get it done. I forced myself to stay awake to get it done. By 12:30, I got to bed. Yeah, I should have either gotten a better nights rest the night before or I shouldn't have left without my homework completed. That was bad time management.


No comments:

Post a Comment