Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Group Decision


        I am the kind of person who doesn't particularly like to work in groups. I'd much rather just get the job done all by myself. With that being said, if I'm put into a group, I expect the others to work as well. I prefer to be the leader because I feel out of control if I'm not.
        Recently, the girls swim team took state. Whoo! Winning state means that the team is able to get state rings.  Whoo! Whoo! A lot of the members didn't really want to spend a fortune on a ring that symbolizes a high school sport. So, I helped make the decision to get the rings from a different company than what the school usually buys from. Our captain went on a small business website and picked out a few choices. Some of the senior girls, not me, narrowed it down to one ring. The decided ring is not to my liking. Yes, it's less expensive and yes, it's not a big bulky state ring (we can wear it after graduation), but it looks cheap, it will probably last maybe two years, and it is likely that the ring will turn our fingers green. Maybe I'm just being negative.....
        I like how we talked about our concerns and we worked together to find a ring. Although I don't like the final decision, this a good example of a team making a decision.

These are the rings..

No comments:

Post a Comment