HELP!!! Okay people who are reading this (all 6 of you), I need your input. As some of you know, I'm close to graduating from high school. Graduating = moving on to college. I've narrowed it down to 3 universities; Weber State, Southern Utah, and Utah Valley.
I'm obviously trying to decide which college to attend. They each have pros and cons and I need YOU to help me choose the best one!
Weber State is ranked 1st in Utah for its nursing program. That is very important to me. If I decide Weber, I will live at home. Rent will be $400/month which includes gas, electricity, Internet, TV, groceries, health and car insurance, plumbing, and 24/7 mommy service. Great deal, eh? I think so. The only two problems I have with going to Weber are socially related.
SUU would solve some of those socially related problems. Down in St. George is where my sister Amanda and my nephew Skyler are living. Like I mentioned in my first post, Amanda and I are very close. Her and I still keep in touch, but I feel like it's not the same and I want to change that. Also, my nephew is growing up. He's growing up quickly and I am up north missing each second of it. I don't want to do that anymore. If I attended SUU in Cedar, I'd be much closer to them. I also have a few good friends who go there. There are some cons to SUU, though. First, I'll be far away from my mom. That would be extremely tough with me being a momma's girl and all. Second, the nursing program there is not as good as Weber's.
UVU is my other option. I've gone on a few tours there and I am really impressed with that campus. My biggest worry for when I'm in college is that I won't enjoy that "college life". I want to be able to meet new friends, explore my options, and discover who I really am. I have really close friends who are currently there. So, that would help. One of them is an ambassador, actually. She informs me about all of the different activities and projects that the university has to offer and I know I'd really enjoy them. Also, UVU has an awesome dance program. Getting back on a dance floor is a need for me. I've missed dancing so much. The nursing program is like SUU's; not as good as Weber's.
For the first year, it is impossible to get into the nursing program at Weber. I have to take certain prerequisites beforehand. I guess I could get my generals and take those prerequisites at either SUU or UVU and then apply for the nursing program at Weber for the next two years. Yeah, I think I might do that. What do you all think?
The only problem I'd have with that plan would be the struggle with finding required classes that will transfer. Hopefully that won't be too bad. I'm sure Weber has transfers all of the time for their nursing program.
I have scholarships and financial aid with all three universities, so that won't be a problem. I also have living situation plans for each one. It really just narrows down to the schooling and social preferences.
6 Steps of Descision Making:
Identify and Define the Specific Problem (check!)
Generate Alternatives (check!)
Evaluate Alternatives (check!)
Selecting a Solution
Implementing the Solutions
Following Up and Evaluating the Results



USU! Haha, just kidding. I like your idea of starting out at SUU or UVU and getting your generals done and then finishing up at Weber. I think a few girls my age started out at USU and then transferred into the nursing program at Weber once they got accepted. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete